Recipe by Hal Taylor
Really easy versatile accompanyment for any meal... especially a stew. Dry ingredients can be premade and stored in an air tight container for up to one month.
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dill or 1⁄2 tablespoon sage
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- To Bake:.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add the beer and stir until just incorporated. Use a wooden spoon.
- Scrape into an 8x4 loaf pan and bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until crusty and golden.
- Let stand in pan for 5 minutes and then remove to wire rack.
- Brush immediately with 1 teaspoon of melted butter.