Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
I use this to sneak some veggies into my kids diet. Sometimes it actually works.
Top Review by 2boyzmum
I'm actually very surprised at how well this turned out since I've never had a dish with eggplant that I liked. It was easy to make and was a hit with the whole family. My one year old had seconds, and my 3 year old even ate it, even though he doesn't really like it when foods are mixed together. Thanks for a nice recipe!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium zucchini, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon savory
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a Dutch oven, over medium heat, brown beef; drain.
- Add the next 5 ingredients; cook until tender.
- Add tomatoes, rice and 1/2 cup cheese, broth and seasonings; mix well.
- Pour into a greased 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until heated.