Recipe by curvesofbrookfield
This beef tenderloin recipe is a wonderful choice for special occasion or holiday.
- 4 lbs beef tenderloin
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried crumbled oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried leaf basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rosemary, crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 425°. Rub roast all over with cut-side of garlic; discard garlic. Combine remaining oregano, basil, rosemary, thyme, and pepper; rub over roast, pressing evenly into tenderloin. Place tenderloin roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Roast, uncovered, for 45 to 50 minutes for medium-rare to medium. Meat thermometer should read 140° for medium rare, 155° for medium. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over top of roasted tenderloin and let stand for about 15 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 5 degrees.) Slice and serve. Beef tenderloin recipe serves 8.