Recipe by papergoddess
I like to make this in the summer when the tomatoes are in season. The combination of tomato, beef, and rosemary is wonderful. This can be made on the stovetop, too, but I double the liquids.
Top Review by Charlotte J
Very good flavor and served over the noodles it was very filling. The only thing I needed to change was to add more liquid at the end because it was thicker then I liked. Next time I'll use 2 tablespoons instead of the 3 tablespoons of cornstarch. Another keeper, thank you.
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 lbs round steaks, sliced into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup beef broth (I prefer consomme)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut in wedges
- hot cooked noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Separate onion into rings.
- Place in crock pot.
- In skillet, brown beef in oil.
- Put in crock pot.
- Add broth, garlic, worcestershire sauce, rosemary, salt, paprika, and pepper.
- Cover; cook on low 8- 10 hours.
- Turn to high heat setting.
- Blend water, soy sauce, and cornstarch.
- Stir into hot mixture.
- Cover and cook until bubbly, 15-20 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes just before serving.
- Serve over noodles.