Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A very pretty salad with flowers.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs green beans, topped, tailed and halved
- 1 medium shallot, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon basil, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup scarlet runner bean blossoms, rinsed and patted dry
- Blanch the beans in lightly salted boiling water for 3 or 4 minutes or until tender crisp. Refresh under cold water and drain well.
- In a small bowl, stir the lemon juice, shallot, and olive oil with a fork until blended.
- Add the herbs, about 1/4 teaspoon salt, and freshly ground pepper to taste. Stir well.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the warm beans and toss well. Add a little more olive oil if necessary.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Toss the blossoms in just before serving.