Herbed Bean Salad With Scarlet Runner Blossoms
- Blanch the beans in lightly salted boiling water for 3 or 4 minutes or until tender crisp. Refresh under cold water and drain well.
- In a small bowl, stir the lemon juice, shallot, and olive oil with a fork until blended.
- Add the herbs, about 1/4 teaspoon salt, and freshly ground pepper to taste. Stir well.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the warm beans and toss well. Add a little more olive oil if necessary.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Toss the blossoms in just before serving.