Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
An easy scallop dish cooked in the oven. Add some chile to spice it up if desired.
- 1 lb sea scallops or 1 lb frozen scallops, thawed
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine (I use more)
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley or 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 tablespoon dried basil, crushed
- salt and pepper
- Arrange scallops in shallow baking dish.
- Dot with butter.
- Sprinkle on herbs plus salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake at 350 F for 5 minutes.
- Stir to coat scallops with butter mixture.
- Bake another 20 minutes or until tender (a little less time probably).
This was fairly nice, albeit simple. I made it twice, since I had about two pounds of frozen scallops to use up. I made it exactly as written, opting for Italian parsley instead of cilantro. This first time I ate it as is, and thought there was too much juice/butter in the baking dish, as well as too much herbs. The second time, I served it over cooked Texmati rice (two dinner plates' worth), and it seemed better that way, with the rice to absorb some liquid and distribute the herbs. Probably worth making again sometime.
I thought this was a super recipe. I, too, used part olive oil. The scallops cooked perfectly in the oven, not overcooked or partially raw, but "just right!" I have a very difficult time getting them to this stage in the skillet. The discreet herbs added just the right taste, too. And the recipe is so easy. I really appreciate that. I'll be using this recipe from now on!
I Loved these. I did in skillet. Once butter melted I added the scallops and just sprinkle italian seasoning, salt and pepper. sauteed 8-10 minutes! Will try oven next time served with some hot sauce and it was great.