Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 lbs asparagus (pencil-thin)
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter (1/2 stick)
- 1⁄4 cup shallot, Minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, Finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon basil, Chopped
- 1 drop salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, Freshly cracked
- 5 ounces parmesan cheese, shaved thin
- Add asparagus to boiling pan of salted water.
- Simmer until tender, about 1 minute..Drain; pat dry.
- Meanwhile, remove and discard mushroom stems; Cut mushrooms into 1/4 inch strips.
- Melt butter in large heavy skillet, add shallots; cook over medium heat, stirring frequently until golden brown.
- Add asparagus and mushrooms; cook 2 minutes, add herbs, salt and pepper; cook an additional minute.
- Transfer asparagus to ovend-proof individual serving platters or gratin or to a large oven-proof platter, keeping stalks in an even row so they can be served easily; sprinkle with shiitakes.
- Top with Parmesan; place platter under hot broiler until cheese is slightly melted, about 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.