Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Simple and Delicious
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) jarsmarinated quartered artichoke hearts
- 2 (9 ounce) packages refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1⁄2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 -4 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Drain tomatoes, reserving 2/3 cup juice; set aside.
- Drain artichokes, reserving 3/4 cup liquid; chop and set aside.
- Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the onions, parsley, basil, garlic, oregano and pepper flakes in oil for 4-5 minutes or until onions are tender. Add the reserved tomatoes, tomato juice and artichoke liquid.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Drain tortellini; add to tomato mixture.
- Stir in the olives, salt and reserved artichokes; heat through.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
Thank you for posting this here! I had this recipe out of the magazine and CANNOT find it anywhere. We love this!
An EXCELLENT meal! I used regular artichokes in brine, dried tortellini and whole olives I chopped myself. The dish is flavorful and beautiful. Even better the next day reheated. I was going to try it cold a la pasta salad but sadly it's all gone! We will make this again, maybe even swapping out the artichokes for other veggies...