7 hrs 20 mins
This is a wonderful, homey pork tenderloin recipe that I found in an old Better Homes and Gardens publication. Delicious! I hope your family enjoys as much as we do!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs boneless pork top loin roast (double loin, tied)
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) jar apricot fruit spread
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons dijon-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- fresh apricot (optional)
- fresh thyme, sage, rosemary (single herb or combination) (optional)
- 1Season pork roast well with salt and pepper. In a medium bowl, combine spreadable fruit, onion, mustard, brandy, lemon peel, rosemary, sage, thyme, and pepper.
- 2Place roast in a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker. Pour fruit mixture over roast.
- 3Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 7 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 3 1/2 hours (adjust cooking time to your crockpot).
- 4Remove roast from cooker. Cover loosely with foil and let stand for 15 minutes before carving. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine the water and cornstarch; carefully stir in liquid from slow cooker. Cook and stir sauce until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- 5Serve sauce with pork. If desired, garnish with fresh apricots and herbs.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herbed Apricot Pork Loin Roast
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 226.2
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 108.8 mg
- Sodium 126.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 36.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
apricot fruit spread