Recipe by Maryland Jim
Found this on the side of the Ball Canning lid box. I prefer using mint. It is a really easy recipe and my family loves this jelly.
Top Review by dogsandwoods
Made this recipe using lemon basil for half and cinnamon basil for the other half. Using fruit from the yard, the juice was about 1/3 pear and 2/3 apple. What a stunning flavor and it looks as though it will set up perfectly. Thank you!
- 3 cups sweetened apple juice
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) package dry pectin
- 2 sprigs fresh basil or 2 sprigs fresh rosemary or 2 sprigs fresh thyme or 2 sprigs of fresh mint
- 4 1⁄2 cups sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare home canning jars and lids according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Combine apple juice and pectin is a large saucepan.
- Tie herbs in a cheesecloth bag and add to juice mixture.
- Bring mixture to a boil over high heat.
- Add sugar until dissolved.
- Return to a rolling boil.
- Boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Discard cheesecloth bag.
- Remove from heat.
- Skim foam, if necessary.
- Ladle hot jelly into hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace.
- Wipe jar rim clean.
- Place lid on jar with sealing compound next to glass.
- Screw band down evenly and firmly.
- Process 5 minutes in a boiling water canner.