Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Found this on the side of the Ball Canning lid box. I prefer using mint. It is a really easy recipe and my family loves this jelly.
- Prepare home canning jars and lids according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Combine apple juice and pectin is a large saucepan.
- Tie herbs in a cheesecloth bag and add to juice mixture.
- Bring mixture to a boil over high heat.
- Add sugar until dissolved.
- Return to a rolling boil.
- Boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Discard cheesecloth bag.
- Remove from heat.
- Skim foam, if necessary.
- Ladle hot jelly into hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace.
- Wipe jar rim clean.
- Place lid on jar with sealing compound next to glass.
- Screw band down evenly and firmly.
- Process 5 minutes in a boiling water canner.