Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found this on the side of the Ball Canning lid box. I prefer using mint. It is a really easy recipe and my family loves this jelly.
- 3 cups sweetened apple juice
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) package dry pectin
- 2 sprigs fresh basil or 2 sprigs fresh rosemary or 2 sprigs fresh thyme or 2 sprigs of fresh mint
- 4 1⁄2 cups sugar
- Prepare home canning jars and lids according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Combine apple juice and pectin is a large saucepan.
- Tie herbs in a cheesecloth bag and add to juice mixture.
- Bring mixture to a boil over high heat.
- Add sugar until dissolved.
- Return to a rolling boil.
- Boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Discard cheesecloth bag.
- Remove from heat.
- Skim foam, if necessary.
- Ladle hot jelly into hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace.
- Wipe jar rim clean.
- Place lid on jar with sealing compound next to glass.
- Screw band down evenly and firmly.
- Process 5 minutes in a boiling water canner.
Made this recipe using lemon basil for half and cinnamon basil for the other half. Using fruit from the yard, the juice was about 1/3 pear and 2/3 apple. What a stunning flavor and it looks as though it will set up perfectly. Thank you!