Recipe by babygirl65
I found this marinade in a cookbook and I use it whenever I make Pork anything. It is delish!! I usually make a pork roast with double the marinade and dump in the crockpot....YUMMY!!
Top Review by YungB
The marinade itself is so good. I used it on some pork chops. I baked them at 375 for 1 hour ...rotate at 30 minutes interval. Delish. I will try to use this marinade on pork ribs the next time.
- 6 boneless pork loin chops
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons hot chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim fat from chops. Place chops in a plastic bag and set in a shallow dish.
- For marinade, in a small bowl, combine brown sugar, oil, orange juice, cilantro, vinegar, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, red pepper, cinnamon and garlic. Pour over chops, seal bag.
- Marinade in the fridge for 2 to 24 hours, turning occasionally.
- Drain chops, discard marinade.
- For a charcoal grill: Grill chops on rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 12-15 minutes or until chops are done, turning once halfway through grilling.
- For a gas grill: Reduce heat to medium, place chops on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.
- I do the crockpot version: I marinade the meat then dump it in the crockpot and let it cook all day long. I use a roast or boneless ribs. Either way my family loves it!