Miss Annie's Note:
This is a fast and easy recipe for making herbal vinegars, using the herbs in your garden. Since the herbs oxidize extremly fast, it looks better if you use it right away. Since it is so simple you can make the vinegar anytime you need it. This recipe is from the recipe book Flavored Vinegars by Michael Chiarelle.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put herbs, vinegar, and salt in a blender and blend on high speed about 30 seconds.
- 2Strain through a fine strainer.
- 3If you want a very clear vinegar, you can filter it through rinsed and squeezed-dry coffee filters.
- 4However, you will be filtering out flavor.
- 5Press on the solids to extract all the vinegar and flavor.
- 6Herb flowers may be added directly to the vinegar after it is strained if desired.
- 7Vinegar is best used immediately when it is fresh, and delicate in color.
- 8The color will oxidized very fast to a brownish color.
- 9The flavor is stable, however.
- 10Store in a cool, dark place, tightly covered with a nonmetallic lid.
Browse Our Top Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herbal Vinegar
Serving Size: 1 (0 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 155.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh green herbs