Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a fast and easy recipe for making herbal vinegars, using the herbs in your garden. Since the herbs oxidize extremly fast, it looks better if you use it right away. Since it is so simple you can make the vinegar anytime you need it. This recipe is from the recipe book Flavored Vinegars by Michael Chiarelle.
- Put herbs, vinegar, and salt in a blender and blend on high speed about 30 seconds.
- Strain through a fine strainer.
- If you want a very clear vinegar, you can filter it through rinsed and squeezed-dry coffee filters.
- However, you will be filtering out flavor.
- Press on the solids to extract all the vinegar and flavor.
- Herb flowers may be added directly to the vinegar after it is strained if desired.
- Vinegar is best used immediately when it is fresh, and delicate in color.
- The color will oxidized very fast to a brownish color.
- The flavor is stable, however.
- Store in a cool, dark place, tightly covered with a nonmetallic lid.