Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
Supposedly works for asthma, as well.
- 1 tablespoon dried peppermint
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey, to taste
- Place peppermint, thyme and cayenne in a teapot.
- Boil some water and as soon as it starts to boil, pour 2 cups into teapot; cover and steep 5 minutes.
- Strain and sweeten with honey.
- Sip slowly while still warm.
- May be carried in a thermos and sipped in 1/2 cup doses throughout the day.
I don't have bronchitis but wanted to try this tea and I'm so glad I did! I did use spearmint instead of peppermint.The taste was very nice, and the cayenne is really good for you. It's the only pepper that doesn't irritate the stomach lining, and helps to fight off colds. I will be making this again! Thanks!
This is a nice to make when your not feeling good. I loved the taste of this. First cup I made I used too much pepper. Much better the second one.
GREAT! This smelled very nice while steeping. I usually like my herbal teas unsweetened but I needed the honey in this one to stop me from choking on the cayenne...I'm very sensitive to it...next time I think I'll try it without it. I did feel a pleasant warmth in my throat and sinuses and liked the flavor very much. Made for 1-2-3 hit wonders.