Recipe by BecR
Drink this in place of plain old water--it's so simple, delicious, healthy and refreshing! I've added fresh lemon verbena along with the cucumber and lemon, as it's so plentiful in my garden right now. But any of the sweet herbs such as lemon balm, mint, or scented geranium leaves (try rose!) would also be wonderful. Or try rosemary, basil, lemon thyme or whatever herb or combination you fancy! I keep a jug of this refreshing beverage in the fridge all summer long. Each batch lasts a day or two--just keep in the fridge, and top off with more bottled water to replenish what you drink. After a couple of days you'll need to make a fresh batch. Enjoy! Recipe is easily doubled or tripled, for events etc.
- 1⁄2 of a cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large lemon, scrubbed and thinly sliced
- about 1/2 gallon bottled water
- 2 -3 sprigs of fresh lemon verbena (or your favorite herb)
- ice (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place water in a large glass mason jar, or a beverage dispenser.
- Add thin slices of cucumber and lemon, and sprigs of fresh lemon verbena (or your favorite herb: try mint, rosemary, scented geranium, lemon balm, basil or lemon thyme).
- Cover and chill for several hours or overnight.
- To serve, pour over ice into tall glasses and enjoy!