Recipe by CoffeeMom
This a topical recipe although I suppose you could eat it if you wanted, everything is edible, I just never thought about it before. Avoid applying it to inflamed areas and eyes. Use in very small quantities.
- 1 tablespoon cayenne powder
- 2 tablespoons mustard powder
- 2 teaspoons powdered ginger
- 1 cup vegetable oil or 1 cup sunflower oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine half of the herbs and all of the oil in the top of a double boiler.
- Fill the bottom half of the double boiler with and bring to a boil, than reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Put the top half of the double boiler on and simmer gently for 2 hours. Do not put the oil over direct heat, you want to avoid burning the oil.
- After 2 hours, remove from heat and let cool slightly. When cool, strain well. Cheesecloth works well.
- Place top half with oil back over warm water and add the other half of the herbs.
- Simmer 2 more hours.
- Strain throughly, pour into clean bottles and date.