Recipe by JenSmith
This recipe uses a food processor to chop herbs and blend the dip. Serve it in a hollowed-out red cabbage for a whimsical and pretty display. There is a 4 hour chill time, so make this dip well ahead of time. Source: Southern Living, January 1986.
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chervil or 2 teaspoons dried chervil, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill weed or 1 teaspoon dried whole dill weed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash hot sauce (Tabasco)
Directions See How It's Made
- Position knife blade in food processor bowl; top with cover.
- Drop garlic through food chute with processor running; process 3 to 5 seconds or until garlic is minced.
- Add remaining ingredients; process 2 minutes, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
- Cover and chill at least 4 hours.
- Serve dip with assorted vegetables.