Recipe by casamain
I was experimenting various ways to make savory pancakes that could be eaten as a snack or combined with a main dish instead of bread rice or pasta- Experiment was successful- Found this a favorite with fussy eaters too The Pancakes can also be made larger so you can fill it with your choice of filing, as they are Dill flavored fish/prawns or crab meat can be used.
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 whole egg
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon corn oil
- salt and pepper, as per taste
- 2 tablespoons dill, as per taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the flour, egg, seasoning water in a bowl using either use a whisk or a handheld blender.
- Once mixed, add the dill paste and oil; beat for further 2 minutes until batter is that of Pancake consistency.
- Heat a pancake griddle (medium heat); spray with a vegetable spray.
- Drop a small amount of batter as for pancakes.
- If required, a touch of butter can be used to add to the flavour.
- Flip; cook for a minute.