Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This Mustard Cream Sauce is infused into the Pork Chops as they are slowly baked. As a result the Pork Chops have a little mustard flavor infused into them. The Pork Chops are now very tender and moist. Serve with mashed potatoes and fresh corn on the cobb as a side dish.
- 4 pork loin chops with bone
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon garlic (fresh minced)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon thyme (fresh minced)
- 1 teaspoon rosemary (fresh minced)
- 1 teaspoon sage (fresh purple, minced)
- 1 tablespoon parsley (fresh minced)
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons date honey
- Place the oven rack in the center of the oven and pre-heat the oven to 450°F.
- In a bowl combine 1 tablespoon of whole grain mustard, 1 tablespoon dijon mustard, balsamic vinegar, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, rosemary, purple sage, 1/2 teaspoon sea salt 1/2 teaspoon and black pepper. Whisk until combined.
- Rinse the pork chops under cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Season the pork chops with 1 teaspoon of sea salt and 1 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Place the remaining olive oil into a hot skillet and brown both side of the pork chops. Remove the pork chops and let stand for 3-4 minutes.
- Coat the pork chops with the mustard sauce.
- Place the coated pork chops on a sheet pan and bake for 8 minutes at 450 F and reduce the temperature to 325°F Bake the pork chops until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Remove the pork chops from the oven and let stand for 5 minutes.
- MUSTARD SAUCE:.
- In a bowl combine the sour cream, remaining mustards, salt, black pepper and date honey. Whisk until the sauce is smooth. Serve the sauce over the pork chops.
- GARNISH: Fresh parsley.