Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This beautiful, refreshing drink is a fusion of herbs, flowers and good old-fashioned lemonade. It can be served iced or warm, and it really gives a nice lift to the brain. A great party drink, this treat can be sipped on a hot summer day.
- Make a rosemary infusion:.
- Measure out 1-2 ounces (about 1/2-1 cup) of dried herbs per quart of boiling water. If using fresh herbs, double the amount of plant material. Combine the herbs in a pot.
- Pour 1 quart of boiling water over the herbs.
- Strain, and sweeten lightly with honey if desired.
- Make the lemonade:.
- After the rosemary infusion. Stir, cover and allow to steep for 15-20 minutes.
- Strain out the rosemary leaves, and add the fresh lemon and honey or maple syrup. Stir well and transfer to a festive glass bowl.
- Add the raspberries and ice cubes, and garnish with a few sprinkles of edible flowers such as basil blossoms, borage, calendula, lavender, rose petals or nasturtiums).
I used the amount of rosemary listed in the ingredients (rather than the amount in the directions) and the rosemary flavor was very intense. Maybe I let it steep too long. As my DH said, it was interesting. It sure looked pretty! I'll try this again with less time for steeping the rosemary!
I brought this to a potluck, and the ladies all raved about it! I used fresh rosemary from my garden, and the flavor that it added was very subtle, mostly herby, but when identified, it was a really nice addition to the lemonade. This tasted very sophisticated. Thank you so much for posting!
A MUST try Lemonade. It is very easy to make and the outcome is great. You have the full flavor of rosemary with the fruity sour taste of lemons. I have used less honey to sweeten the lemonade and this works very well and supports the herbal flavors a lot. The slight bitterness is very refreshing. It is completed by the sweet fruity taste of raspberries. Next time I will try it with blueberries. They might be a great alternative for raspberries, because I like them with rosmary. This lemonade is a great start of a party or dinner - try it! Thanks for sharing this unusual and exciting lemonade, which causes really a brainstorm.