Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This will sooth discomfort of hemorrhoids and arthritis in minutes and cure hemorrhoids over time. It even works as a chest rub for colds to sooth the irritating inflammation that causes much of the coughing. The plantains this recipe calls for are the little green plants growing as weeds in many places all over the world, not the green bananas you find at the grocery store. You can check with your local health food store if you don't want to go on a weed hunt since it's a well-known remedy.
- 1 cup fresh plantain, plants
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- Wash and coarsely chop plantain. You can use the whole plant or just the leaves.
- Mix with oil in saucepan and heat to boiling. Turn off burner and allow plants to sit in the oil until it has cooled completely.
- Strain oil and discard plants. Store in an airtight container.
- Apply externally to inflamed areas.