Recipe by carbsrfromhvn
Being tired of the same old heavy salads at summer parties, I came up with a light, herby, and 'sun-stable' salad for outdoor parties. This recipe is so tasty and versatile that you will use it all the time. Outside or not! Add some blue cheese or feta to jazz it up a bit. Switch up your summer veggies to create your own variation. This recipe makes enough for a gathering but don't shy away if you have a small family. Leftovers are even better the next day!
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen corn kernels
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 vidalia onion, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In your serving dish of choice add frozen corn, chopped tomatoes, and thinly sliced onion.
- In a blender, blend the remaining ingredients to create your dressing.
- Pour dressing over salad and let marinate long enough for the corn to thaw.
- Serve AND enjoy!