Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A wonderful side dish to pare with fish, chicken or steak. Definitely a nice change from the typical meat and potato standard.
- 2 large tomatoes, cored and halved crosswise
- 118.29 ml plain yogurt
- 9.85 ml all-purpose flour
- 3.30 ml italian seasoning
- 44.37 ml grated parmesan cheese
- Place tomato halves cut side up, in an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, stir together yogurt, flour and seasoning.
- Spoon mixture onto tomato halves.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes until tomatoes are heated through.
What a lovely recipe. We really enjoyed the tomatoes prepared this way. They were tender, juicy and oh so flavorful. Love the combination of flavors. These were great served with garlic mashed potatoes, cardamon orange carrots and roast pork. My picky dh ate both his and asked if there were anymore. High praise indeed. Thanks so much for sharing. Made for June aussie swap 2012.
Yum! The touch of flour held things together well and the combination of flavors worked perfectly together.
A wonderful, easy veggie! the flour makes the yogurt thick enough not to slide off the tomatoes. i doubled this for the 4 of us & served the tomatoes over a bed of greens. made for Aussie Swap #40. :)