Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Low-calorie and high-flavor!
- 1 medium onion
- 3 medium carrots
- 3 garlic cloves
- 4 medium celery ribs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounces mushrooms
- 4 ounces tomatoes
- 4 small zucchini
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried leaf thyme
- Dice onion, carrots, and celery.
- In a large soup pot, saute the diced vegetables in olive oil for 5 minutes.
- Mince and add the garlic. Saute for 2 minutes more.
- Dice and add the mushrooms. Saute for 3 minutes more.
- Add the thyme and basil, stir to combine.
- Add the chicken broth. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are soft (about 15 minutes).
- Cut the zucchini into large chunks (about 1 inch lengths or cubes) and add to soup.
- Simmer until the zucchini is soft but not mushy, about 5-10 minutes.