Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
This comes from Simple Foods for the Pack. This would be a great way to start dinner on the trail.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable stock powder
- 2 tablespoons dried mushrooms, broken up
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
- 1 tablespoon dried herbs
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- fresh grated carrot (optional)
- diced onion (optional)
- At home: Package all ingredients in a zip-locking plastic bag.
- In camp: Empty the contents of the bag into a pot and stir in 4 cups of water.
- Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes.