Recipe by Sonya01
for beverage tag
Top Review by I'mPat
Took these to the DS's recreation group (made on the Monday and they gave them slow warm up on the Tuesday) and they were loved. I cooked them at 200 in a fan forced oven and the first batch were slightly overdone at 15 minutes but the second at 12 minutes was perfect. Thank you Sonya01, made for Please Review My Recipe tag game.
- 4 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1⁄3 cup chopped mixed fresh herbs (as flat-leaf parsley, chives, basil and mint)
Directions See How It's Made
- Lay 2 sheets of thawed puff pastry on an even work surface. Brush each sheet with beaten egg, then sprinkle 2 tablespoons finely grated parmesan and 1/3 cup chopped mixed fresh herbs, such as flat-leaf parsley, chives, basil and mint.
- Top each sheet of pastry with another sheet, gently pressing down. Using a small sharp knife, cut pastry into 2cm-wide strips.
- Using both hands, shape each strip into a twist. For better effect, the twists should be not too perfect and slightly loose, so you can see the herbs. Bake in a pre-heated 210°C oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Serve with drinks or as a snack.