Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A quick & easy taste of the Italian countryside!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh basil leaf
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 6 slices thick crusty bread, toasted
- Mix tomatoes, herbs and liquids in a bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- (Can be prepared 2 hours ahead. Hold at room temperature.) Spoon tomato mix onto toast and serve.
A lovely, EASY appy.
Had some neighbors over for cocktails and I served this appetizer. Everyone loved them. I made the tomato mixture early in the day. Once my guests arrived, all I had to do was top the toasted bread with it. Easy and very tasty and I wouldn't change a thing. Another winner, CountryLady.
Made the tomato mixture ahead and let the flavors marry. I loved the addition of Balsamic vinegar and lemon to this. I usually just make mine with olive oil, garlic and basil. Had to leave out the oregano; DH does not like it. Thanks for posting, CL - will definitely make this again.