Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These toasts are nice with dips and I also serve them with soups. Pita bread is a good substitute; they are smaller so use a few extra. This also works with tortillas, but then you don't split them.
- 2 lebanese round flat bread
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil or 2 -3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Split the bread horizontally.
- Brush all four circles with the oil or butter; sprinkle the combined herbs over the bread.
- Put them on oven trays and bake for 7 to 10 minutes, depending on your oven.
- You can cut the bread in pieces before baking or carefully break them up after they are baked and cooled, this gives a more"rustic" look For variations add: garlic, cayenne, paprika or some fresh grated Parmesan.
These are SOOOOOOO tasty. I used about 3 1/2 pitas and added the garlic, paprika, and Parmesan optional ingredients. We served this as a snack with some sliced cheeses and were in heaven. These would be fabulous with soup or salads as well. I will be making this again and again!
Very easy and yummy .. I loved it and so did my husband! thank you
Pleasing crisp herbed flat bread. This was so quick and easy to make and turned out perfectly crisp. Made as written using the olive oil option, but think next time will leave off the thyme. Thanks for the post.