These toasts are nice with dips and I also serve them with soups. Pita bread is a good substitute; they are smaller so use a few extra. This also works with tortillas, but then you don't split them.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Split the bread horizontally.
- Brush all four circles with the oil or butter; sprinkle the combined herbs over the bread.
- Put them on oven trays and bake for 7 to 10 minutes, depending on your oven.
- You can cut the bread in pieces before baking or carefully break them up after they are baked and cooled, this gives a more"rustic" look For variations add: garlic, cayenne, paprika or some fresh grated Parmesan.