Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Found this recipe in a magazine. We just love omelets. Hope you enjoy it as well.
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons swiss cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Whip eggs with half and half, chives, salt, and pepper.
- Melt butter over high heat in a 10 inch nonstick skillet which has been coated with cooking spray.
- Heat until bubbly, but watch closely, do not burn.
- Pour egg mixture into skillet, pulling them toward the center from all sices.
- Remove from heat when the eggs not longer run, but are still moist.
- Add cheeses to half of omelet, fold the other half over the top of the cheese and slide onto plate.
- Let rest for 1 minute before serving.
Chivy good! Nothing like fresh picked chives to freshen up eggs. Very filling! I did cut back on the cheese and skipped the salt, cheese has enough sodium. Thanks for a great brunch!
A wonderful and basic omelet that lends itself nicely to additions. I will be honest, I haven't a clue how much cheese I used. I grated them and mixed them all together and then piled it on. I did sprinkle a little extra over the top which melted nicely during the standing period.
Beautiful puffy tasty omelet. Perfect for my Sunday brunch -I used a Jalapen/Habenero Gouda cheese with the cheddar & parmesan -Thanks Jellyqueen for giving me a lovely Sunday Brunch