Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy and Distinctive Recipes for a Vibrant Lifestyle
- 4 trout, cleaned
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons fresh tarragon
- 2 teaspoons fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 4 slices onions, cut in half (thin)
- 4 thin orange slices, cut in half
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons cognac
- 1 orange, juice of
- fresh herb (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Score each trout (slash diagonally) 3 times.
- Sprinkle trout lightly with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine herbs and use the mixture to stuff the slashes in the trout.
- Place the trout side by side in a buttered shallow baking pan.
- Top each fish with 4 alternating half slices of onion and orange.
- Mix butter, paprika, cognac and orange juice.
- Spoon over trout.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until trout are lightly browned.
- Garnish with sprigs of the same herbs used to stuff trout.