Simply the best stuffed tenderloin I've ever made. The blend of herbs is just mouth watering. If you have a tenderloin on hand, give this one a try. I promise you will not be disappointed.
- 2 tablespoons dijon-style mustard
- 18 ounces pork tenderloin
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded spinach leaves
- 1⁄2 cup assorted snipped fresh herb (such as sage, thyme, rosemary, and/or basil)
- 3 tablespoons Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or 2 teaspoons cooking oil
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- snipped fresh chives (optional)
1 recipe Mustard Sauce
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons dijon-style mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Trim any fat from meat.
- Using a sharp knife, make a lengthwise cut down the center of roast, cutting to, but not through, the other side.
- Spread the meat flat.
- Place tenderloin between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and pound meat lightly with the flat side of a meat mallet to about a 13x8-inch rectangle.
- (If necessary, use a portion of a second tenderloin to make 18 ounces. Overlap and pound the pieces to make a single rectangle.) Fold in the narrow ends as necessary to make an even rectangle.
- Spread mustard evenly over tenderloin.
- Stir together spinach, herbs, bread crumbs, and egg white in a medium bowl.
- Spoon evenly over pork.
- Roll tenderloin up jelly-roll style, beginning at narrow end.
- Tie meat with string, first at center, then at 1-inch intervals.
- Place meat on rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Brush oil over meat.
- Sprinkle with pepper.
- Roast, uncovered, in a 375 degree F oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until meat is tender and slightly pink (160 degrees F) and juices run clear.
- Transfer to a warm platter.
- Remove strings; keep warm while preparing sauce.
- To serve, cut tenderloin into 12 slices.
- Spoon Mustard Sauce over each serving.
- Sprinkle with chives if desired.
- Mustard Sauce: In small saucepan combine sour cream, mayonnaise, Dijon style mustard, and honey.
- Cook over low heat for 2 to 3 minutes or just until heated through.
- Do not boil.
- Serve immediately with pork slices.