Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
To make your life easier ask your butcher to make a pocket in each of the chops for you. Cuz when you get home you are going to stuff that puppy with cheese and basil, so it is oooozing out when you cut into it. YUMMY!!
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 (8 ounce) pork rib chops, bone in and 1-inch thick
- 1 ounce provolone cheese, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- In a small bowl, stir together the garlic, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper.
- If the butcher didn't make the pocket in the chop for you - with a small knife, make a horizontal slit in each pork chop to create a pocket. Be careful not to cut all the way through.
- Fill each pocket with 1/2 of the cheese and basil.
- Brush each chop with olive oil and rub the rosemary mixture all over both chops.
- Heat a grill pan or heavy medium skillet over medium high heat until hot.
- Add the pork chops and cook for 5-6 minute.
- Turn the chops over and cook for 5-6 min more, or until the chops are cooked through and the cheese is ooooey and goooey.