Recipe by Aroostook
This special dish is a keeper! From the Stovall House in Georgia.The chicken can be stuffed and refrigerated the day before then can be browned, baked and served.
- 8 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup cooking oil
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon chives
- 1 tablespoon dill
- 1 tablespoon garlic (chopped fine)
Directions See How It's Made
- Soften cream cheese and mix in fresh herbs. ( If you use dry herbs use 1 tsp instead of one tablespoon)
- Cut a pocket in each chicken breast.
- Stuff with a heaping tablespoon of herb stuffing.
- Dredge each breast in flour.
- Dip in the egg wash and roll in the bread crumbs.
- In a large skillet add 3 tablespoons of oil, and saute the breasts until browned/ Place the sautéed breasts on a greased baking pan.
- Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes or so.