Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This special dish is a keeper! From the Stovall House in Georgia.The chicken can be stuffed and refrigerated the day before then can be browned, baked and served.
- Soften cream cheese and mix in fresh herbs. ( If you use dry herbs use 1 tsp instead of one tablespoon)
- Cut a pocket in each chicken breast.
- Stuff with a heaping tablespoon of herb stuffing.
- Dredge each breast in flour.
- Dip in the egg wash and roll in the bread crumbs.
- In a large skillet add 3 tablespoons of oil, and saute the breasts until browned/ Place the sautéed breasts on a greased baking pan.
- Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes or so.
Great taste! Family loved it. I replaced chives with diced onion, and it worked just fine. :)
I made this simple, yet elegant dish as directed for a small dinner party, tonight. Each guest raved about how delicious and moist the chicken turned out. Thank you so much for a really good recipe to add to my dinner party repertoire.
Neither my husband or I liked the taste, wasn't our thing; but a great way to use our fresh herbs.