Recipe by Dreamgoddess
Stuffed with feta cheese, cream cheese and herbs, this chicken is so flavorful. Makes a lovely presentation too. This can be served with rice and the pan juices can be drizzled over the rice for additional flavor. This recipe was given to me by a friend at work who said she had also served this in a spaghetti sauce over noodles or spaghetti.
Top Review by stonecoldcrazy
I used a cheddar cheese in lieu of feta because it was what I had on hand. My cooking time was considerably less than the recipe stated but, as the other reviewer commented, the pan sauce is TO DIE FOR. I will be making this again!!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil (to taste)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano (to taste)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- garlic powder (to taste)
- 4 slices bacon
- 4 green onion tops
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Wash and pound to flatten each chicken breast.
- Lay the breasts on waxed paper and spread 1/4 of the cream cheese on each breast.
- Top the cream cheese with the feta divided equally.
- Combine the basil, oregano, salt, pepper and garlic powder in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle 1/4 of the spices/herbs on each breast.
- Roll up each chicken breast and wrap with a piece of bacon and one green onion top (secure with toothpicks if necessary).
- Place the breasts in a greased casserole dish and drizzle with the melted butter.
- Cover and bake 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove the cover and increase the oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Bake an additional 15-20 minutes or until the bacon is browned.