1/1 Photo of Herb Smashed Potatoes
Rachael Ray's Quick & Easy Thanksgiving From Woman's World Magazine 11/23/04. Rachael also suggests this tasty trick for leftovers: shape mashed potatoes into patties. Dredge in breadcrumbs; fry in butter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2267.96 g potatoes, peeled, cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks, 10 cups
- 236.59-473.18 ml low sodium chicken broth
- 1 small onion, finely chopped, 3/4 cup
- 124.73 g container herb-and-black-pepper flavored spreadable cheese, crumbled
- 85.04 g package cream cheese, cut into pieces
- 29.58-44.37 ml chopped fresh chives
- 29.58-44.37 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- butter (optional)
- 1In pot combine potatoes with salted water to cover. Bring to boil. Cook until tender, 12 minutes. Drain; return to pot.
- 2Meanwhile, in separate pot over medium-low heat, combine 1 cup broth, onion, cheese, and cream cheese; cook, stirring, until cheese melts and mixture begins to simmer. Stir into potatoes and mash, stirring in more broth if desired for creamier texture.
- 3Stir in remaining ingredients. Serve topped with butter, if desired.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herb Smashed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (351 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 315.6
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 21.7 mg
- Sodium 502.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 10.1 g