Recipe by JackieOhNo!
Rachael Ray's Quick & Easy Thanksgiving From Woman's World Magazine 11/23/04. Rachael also suggests this tasty trick for leftovers: shape mashed potatoes into patties. Dredge in breadcrumbs; fry in butter.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
AWESOME POTATOES!! I made these with boursin-pepper spreadable cheese and a shallot rather than an onion. I did add a little garlic salt with the pepper and salt. They pepper cheese gave it a strong pepper flavor and the fresh herbs were the perfect addition! Will be making these again!! Made for Everyday Holiday.
- 5 lbs potatoes, peeled, cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks, 10 cups
- 1 -2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 small onion, finely chopped, 3/4 cup
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) containerherb-and-black-pepper flavored spreadable cheese, crumbled
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, cut into pieces
- 2 -3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 -3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- butter (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In pot combine potatoes with salted water to cover. Bring to boil. Cook until tender, 12 minutes. Drain; return to pot.
- Meanwhile, in separate pot over medium-low heat, combine 1 cup broth, onion, cheese, and cream cheese; cook, stirring, until cheese melts and mixture begins to simmer. Stir into potatoes and mash, stirring in more broth if desired for creamier texture.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Serve topped with butter, if desired.