Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Dlicious mini burgers....From Everyday with Rachael Ray.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Dijon mustard
- 12 soft dinner rolls, split (such as potato rolls)
- 1⁄2 lb white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 plum tomatoes, sliced
- Preheat the broiler.
- In a bowl, combine beef, dill, parsley, shallot, salt and pepper; form into 12 patties.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tbsp evoo over med-hi heat; add 6 patties and cook for 2 minutes, then flip and cook for 1-2 minutes more. Repeat to complete all 12 patties.
- Spread some mustard on the roll bottoms and arrange on a broiler pan; place a patty on each and top with the cheese. Melt the cheese under the broiler, about 30 seconds. Cover with tomato slices and roll tops.
These are a really great. I made them and froze them to have on hand in the future. What fun to pull out these little burgers, and sooooo tasty!
I am a vegetarian, but love to find recipes that I can substitute those wonderful Morningstar "faux" meat crumbles in. I made these that way, and I promise you, none of my guests could tell there was no real beef! Because these crumbles have no fat whatsoever, I do stir in 2 T olive oil to imitate the consistency of cooked ground beef.
I made these for dinner last night, and Hubby and I thought they were EXCELLENT. The dill is what makes it so good, at least for us. Besides cutting the recipe in half, I followed the directions exactly. We will be making these many more times, we had them as a fun appetizer style dinner, but I would also love to just serve them as an appetizer to guests! Thanks for posting!