1/2 Photos of Herb Simmered Beef Stew
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
If you do not have fresh herbs on hand you can use ½ tsp dried herbs
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 907.18 g stewing beef, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 709.77 ml mixed mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 7.39 ml marjoram, fresh, chopped
- 7.39 ml thyme, fresh, chopped
- 7.39 ml rosemary, fresh, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 414.03 ml beef broth
- 709.77 ml baby carrots
- 12 baby red potatoes, whole
- 1Sprinkle the beef with pepper and coat with flour.
- 2Heat the oil in a 6 quart saucepot over medium-high heat.
- 3Add the beef and cook until well browned, stirring often.
- 4Add the mushrooms, garlic, herbs and bay leaf and cook until the mushrooms are tender and liquid evaporates.
- 5Stir the broth into the saucepot and heat to a boil.
- 6Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 45 minutes.
- 7Add the carrots and potatoes.
- 8Heat to a boil.
- 9Cover and cook for 30 minutes more or until beef is fork tender.
- 10Remove bay leaf and serve.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herb Simmered Beef Stew
Serving Size: 1 (720 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 764.4
- Calories from Fat 310
- Total Fat 34.5 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 101.5 mg
- Sodium 327.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 36.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: