Cook1 hr 30 mins
If you do not have fresh herbs on hand you can use ½ tsp dried herbs
Make and share this Herb Simmered Beef Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs stewing beef, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups mixed mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons marjoram, fresh, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons thyme, fresh, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons rosemary, fresh, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 3⁄4 cups beef broth
- 3 cups baby carrots
- 12 baby red potatoes, whole
- Sprinkle the beef with pepper and coat with flour.
- Heat the oil in a 6 quart saucepot over medium-high heat.
- Add the beef and cook until well browned, stirring often.
- Add the mushrooms, garlic, herbs and bay leaf and cook until the mushrooms are tender and liquid evaporates.
- Stir the broth into the saucepot and heat to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 45 minutes.
- Add the carrots and potatoes.
- Heat to a boil.
- Cover and cook for 30 minutes more or until beef is fork tender.
- Remove bay leaf and serve.