Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This seasoning is wonderful for flavoring many dishes but I like using using it on fried chicken and fish. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (February, 1987)
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh marjoram
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves, optional
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor, chopping finely using on/off turns.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
I really like using my fresh herbs, so this was the perfect recipe. I subbed fresh oregano for the marjoram. . .then threw some dried marjoram in anyway LOL. It was so fragrant. Thanks for sharing! Made for Veggie Swap July 2010.
This is a delicious Herb seasoning, I made it in connection with Rita's Recipe 96407. This so delicious on zucchini made on the grill. I used fresh green onions, fresh parsley and chives all from the garden. Didn't have marjoram so I used fresh oregano. I will be trying this on other veggies & fish. Thank you Ellie for another delicious recipe.
I had 19 guest today and used this a couple ways. I used as a marinade and tossed some into a salad added some olive oil for a bread dip. Very easy and fresh! I did make changes I didn`t have majoram so I used fresh oregano and I used Roasting Salt Blend for Veggies or Meats by HeatherFeather recipe #93833 for the salt.I also skipped the chives.