1/1 Photo of Herb Seasoned Squash Bake
Redneck Epicurean's Note:
Pop grows squash and zucchini every year and I'm always on the lookout for new ways to eat it. I like this recipe because it's different from frying. I'm sure it will be an excellent alternative to the same old way you've been eating your squash too. You can also sub in zucchini...it's good too! This can be divided between two small casseroles and frozen.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a saucepan over medium heat, boil the squash and onion in salted water for 5 minutes. Drain well.
- 3Combine the squash, chicken soup, and sour cream.
- 4Toss the stuffing mix with butter, sage, and onion powder.
- 5Butter a 2 quart casserole dish. Layer half the stuffing in the bottom. Sprinkle half the cheese over the stuffing. Spread the squash over the cheese and top with remaining cheese and then the remaining stuffing.
- 6Bake for 30-40 minutes.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herb Seasoned Squash Bake
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.1
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 48.1 mg
- Sodium 643.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 9.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat cream of chicken soup