1 hr 5 mins
Smells divine while cooking, tastes divine while eating. I got this out of a Taste of Home Quick Cooking magazine. Serve with veggie/salad and warm bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups water
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1Brown ground beef, drain.
- 2In saucepan, saute rice and garlic in margarine/butter until golden brown.
- 3Stir in water, carrots, boullion, parsley, basil, salt and minced onion.
- 4Bring to a boil, simmer for 5 minutes, while stirring in ground beef.
- 5Transfer into a square casserole dish, cover and bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes, stirring 2 times.
- 6Uncover, sprinkle cheddar and bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herb Seasoned Cheesy Beef & Rice
Serving Size: 1 (261 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 356.5
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 61.3 mg
- Sodium 365.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 18.8 g