Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Smells divine while cooking, tastes divine while eating. I got this out of a Taste of Home Quick Cooking magazine. Serve with veggie/salad and warm bread.
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups water
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Brown ground beef, drain.
- In saucepan, saute rice and garlic in margarine/butter until golden brown.
- Stir in water, carrots, boullion, parsley, basil, salt and minced onion.
- Bring to a boil, simmer for 5 minutes, while stirring in ground beef.
- Transfer into a square casserole dish, cover and bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes, stirring 2 times.
- Uncover, sprinkle cheddar and bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Thanks Tara, this was so easy and just delicious. I used about 1 t. minced garlic and 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese because we are total garlic-cheese heads. This is a great week-night, need to get out of the kitchen fast recipe. Husband and kids all enjoyed it. Thanks for posting.
This got mixed reviews at my house, but since my opinion counts more than theirs in the kitchen, I give it a five. My mother also loved it, but my husband and boys said it was OK. I may try it again so I can enjoy it and maybe increase the meat and garlic in it to satisfy their spoiled behinds (oops did I say that?).
Good recipe Tara. Easy to make but needed just a bit more flavor for our tastes. Will make again using more garlic and onion.