Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Herb sausage filling for puff pastry appetizers.
- 750 g ground pork or 750 g ground beef
- 1 fine chopped onion
- 1 clove pressed garlic
- 90 g fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 beaten egg
- 30 g finely chopped parsley
- 3 teaspoons thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Roll out dough to form 6 even rectangles.
- Baste the dough with a beaten egg.
- Mix all ingredients above together.
- Put in the center of the 6 rectangles in long rows.
- Baste the edges with egg again and roll over meat filling.
- Place on greased cookie sheet and make small cuts in top of dough for bite size sections.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 400 then another 15 minutes at 350 degrees till golden brown.
- Cut in bitesize pieces and serve warm.