Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Sausage recipe. Refrigerate overnight before baking.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 level tsp morgon tender quick salt
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry basil, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dash onion powder
- Combine ingredients.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Divide in half, shape into slender rolls about 1 1/2 inch in diameter.
- Wrap in plastic or foil.
- Refrigerate overnite.
- Unwrap and bake on broiler pan at 200 degrees for 4 hours.
- Store wrapped in the refrigerator.
This is like a "Make your own Salami" recipe. I used extra fine ground chuck (three timesd through the grinder) and I added 3 cloves of crushed garlic.. Divided the mixture into 3 portions and rolled the logs very tightly. I have frozen 1 log to test it for future use. This sausage is great on sandwiches, with scrambled eggs or on a pizza. I may even add some chilis next time Thanks Leta