Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the back label of a package of Trader Joe's brand organic herb salad mixed greens. If you cannot find herb salad mixed greens, simply use any loose leaf lettuce or mixed greens and add about two to three tablespoons each fresh parsley, dill and cilantro. In a previous life I was a rabbit.
- 1 (5 ounce) packageherb mixed salad greens
- 1 large orange, peeled and segmented
- 6 ounces jicama, peeled and julienned (substitute carrots or parsnips if you wish)
- 1 cup pistachios, shelled and toasted
- 1⁄2 cup goat cheese (your choice, chevre, feta, etc.)
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 orange, zest of
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 large shallot, minced finely
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Toast the pistachio nuts and set aside to cool.
- Prepare the vinaigrette in a small, non-reactive bowl and allow to marinate. Best made at least 1 hour in advance.
- In a large salad bowl, toss the lettuce of your choice with the remaining salad ingredients and 1 tablespoon of the salad dressing.
- Serve the remaining salad dressing on the side.
Great citrus taste on top of goat cheese and pistachios. Remember to zest the oranges before you cut them to the salad, as well as the citrus.
I used this salad dressing over a citrus and avacado salad. It was very tasty!
This was very differnt, fresh, and pleased a few very picky adults! I mixed it w/ mache and squeeze all the juices from what was left of the orange after I segmented it. The orange and Jicama go so nicely together. A nice and different way to serve a salad. Thanks for posting!