Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
Oh Sooo Goood!! i found this recipe in the Oct/Nov 1996 issue of Taste of Home and this is now the only way I bake my turkey. The seasonings give the turkey such a wonderful flavor and the skin is nice and brown. It's well worth trying. Prep time is short but cooking time depends on the method you use to bake your turkey). Serving amounts are also estimated since that will depend on the size of turkey you cook.
- 2 tablespoons rubbed sage
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 -3 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 bay leaves, crumbled
- 1 turkey, thawed
- In a small bowl, combine all of the seasonings; mix well.
- Rinse turkey well and pat dry with paper towels.
- Rub 1/2 of the seasoning mixture into the cavity of the turkey then rub remaining seasonings over the turkey skin.
- Tie the drumsticks together and place turkey in roasting pan.
- Roast turkey using your favorite cooking method and cook until inserted meat thermometer registers 185 degrees.
- (I slow bake my turkey at about 325 degrees 7-8 hours, basting occasionally with melted butter).
Wonderful on Chicken too. Didn't add the sage or curry because there wasn't any available in the house. My husband ate so much that I was afraid there wouldn't be any leftovers.
Best turkey ever - time and tiem again....this is the ONLY recipe we use for a perfect turkey everytime! I baste every half hour and tent turkey with foil until the last hour of cooking.