Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
It's SPRING fire up that grill. Use fresh herbs if you have them.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper, cracked
- 1 tablespoon chives, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 (2 1/2 lb) fryer chickens, cut up
- Mix everything together except the chicken.
- Rinse chicken and dry.
- Rub all surfaces of the chicken herb mixture.
- To Grill: Place chicken on grill over medium coals.
- Grill uncovered for 35 to 45 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Turn after the first 15 minutes.
- To Bake: Bake at 375 degrees for 45 to 55 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Do not turn.
Super easy and the chicken was moist and super flavorful. Delicious and we are using it again tonight!
This got mixed reviews at our house. DH loved the flavor - thought it was very similar to KFC's rotisserie chicken, which he enjoys. DD thought it was too oily. Actually, I agreed w/ them both. I used fresh rosemary & oregano & omitted the chives, as that was what was on hand. I also omitted the salt, as I had brined the chicken. I cut way back on the olive oil, although I didn't measure, I think it was probably only about 1/8 cup. It made a mixture that seemed to me more like a thick marinade than a rub.
I just sprinkled everything over my chicken that I had put in the crockpot and let it cook for a few hours. The flavor was wonderful and we didn't have to worry about it being fatening.