Recipe by NorthwestGal
I started with a recipe that I found on the McCormick spice website but I have changed it to incorporate vegetables and herbs that better suit my family’s taste preferences. This is a very versatile recipe that lends itself well to changes. Use whatever vegetables and herb combinations that work best for you. Some of the other vegetables that I have enjoyed in this dish include yellow squash, corn on the cob (cut into 1-inch chunks) and other bell peppers (green, yellow, orange).
Top Review by Lalaloula
Mmm, these vegetables are so tasty! I love how the roasting process brings out their natural sweetness and makes them so aromatic.
I made half the recipe but kept the amount of rosemary at 1/2 ts and added about 1/4 ts of dried sage, because I like sage. I needed only 1/8 ts salt, but thats just personal preference. For the veggies I used what was on hand: carrots, brown onions, red bell pepper and tomatoes. I liked this combination a lot but am sure, that the mix you suggest would have been equally delicious. For me the cheese on top made this extra special, it would be a wonderful addition to any fancy dinner like this (I used the swiss option and the lesser amount).
I turned the temp down to 375?F and that was plenty to get a very nice roasted brown at 30 minutes.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this keeper with us, NorthwestGal! Ill add it to my routine, it is so versatile, easy and yummy!
Made and reviewed for one of my babies during PAC Spring 2012.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano leaves or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 red onion, cut in wedges (or 1 cup pearl onions)
- 6 small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into bite-size chunks
- 6 ounces button mushrooms, cut in half
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1⁄2-1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated or 1⁄2-1 cup swiss cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a 9x13-inch baking dish with foil.
- In a large bowl combine olive oil, oregano (or thyme), rosemary, garlic, and salt and pepper; mix until well blended.
- Add the prepared onion, potatoes, bell pepper, mushrooms, and zucchini to the seasoned oil mixture.
- Toss with a slotted spoon until all vegetables are well coated.
- Place seasoned vegetables in the foil-lined baking dish.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove baking dish from oven and sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top of the roasted vegetables.
- Return baking dish to oven and roast for 5 more minutes (or until the cheese just begins to melt).