Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
In 'The Food You Crave' by Ellie Krieger
- 1 (6 lb) bone-in turkey breast, skin removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh sage (or 1 t. dried, crumbled)
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme (or t 1. dried)
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary (or 1 t. dried, crumbled)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Rinse the turkey breast and pat dry.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, garlic, herbs, salt, and pepper; rub the mixture onto the turkey breast.
- Transfer the breast to a roasting pan and roast until the juices run clear when pierced with a fork and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part, away from bone, reads 165°, 1 to 1 1/4 hours.
- Let rest, covered with foil, for 10 minutes before carving.
I made this recipe using a 6 lb. breast and three drumsticks for the dark meat. I needed to use about 1- plus- 1/2 of the recipe to make it work. Great flavor, and it did take about 2 1/2 hrs. to get done. Really good! Thanks.