Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Holidays are coming and here is yet another sweet potato recipe. The thyme, garlic and red pepper gives great flavor to the sweet potatoes. Instead of olive oil try using Pam or No Oil. Just spray the slices on both sides then shake them in the zip lock bag with the herbs. Use Yams if you prefer.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/2 inch rounds
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 3 -5 sprigs thyme (to garnish)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a zip lock bag toss the sweet potatoes in the oil, thyme, garlic and pepper flakes.
- Transfer to a rimmed cookie sheet.
- Garnish with thyme sprigs and bake until tender, approximately 45 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Oh Bergy, these turned out so good! I love sweet potatoes, and the herbs were great! I halved the recipe, just to make sure I liked it! Delicious!
Went great with Recipe #79562.
I wish I could rate this more than 5 stars! These sweet potatoes were incredible! I was a little hesitant, thinking they may be dry and too herb-tasting. I was wrong! These have an incredible flavor, with a slight crust around the outside and tender, moist potato on the inside. I could eat these cold! I used fresh thyme from my herb garden, which made a difference, so use it if you have it! You must try this recipe - it's incredible!