Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a wonderful winter side dish. It uses some common root vegetables, and tastes great next to just about any meat dish, roast, steak, chicken, or pork. Its super easy, and tastes great.
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into chunks
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 turnip, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, cut into chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon pepper, freshly cracked
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- preheat oven to 375.
- in a gallon sized ziplock bag, combine all ingredients and shake vigorously to coat all the veggies.
- spread veggies evenly onto a 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- bake for 30-40 minutes until slightly browned and cooked through.
Very easy and very delicious. It makes a great side dish.